After your arrival and finalizing all your registration and course selection procedures, the most urgent thing you have to do is applying for a residence permit. Having a valid student visa is not enough to be a full-time university student.
Please fill out the application form here: https://e-ikamet.goc.gov.tr and visit the Provincial Directorate of Migration Management (İl Göç İdaresi) on the day and hour of the appointment. The Office of International Relations will assist you to carry out all the procedures, but it should be noted that it is the students' responsibility to get a residence permit.
To be on the safe side regarding the residence permit procedures, please forward a copy of your current residence card to the Office of International Relations when asked. Its expiry date will be noted by our staff, and you will receive a notice to renew it.
Please note that students (student visa holders) are exempt from the residence permit application fee and you pay the card fee only.
Documents Required To Get Your Residence Permit:
- Residence Permit Application Form (it must be signed by you)
- Passport copy (pages with identity information and entry stamp)
- Four (4) passport size, biometric photos (taken within the last 6 months)
- Financial declaration which states that you have enough funds to study.
- Valid health insurance (Insurance period must cover the intended residence permit duration.
- One of the following document is considered as sufficient:
-E-signed/signed and stamped/sealed document to be obtained from provincial social security units which states that the foreigner is benefiting from the health services in Turkey within the scope of bilateral social security agreements
-E-signed/signed and stamped/sealed provision document received from Social Security Institution (Provision documents to be received from Social Security Institution must be in such a manner that they must be both supportive and cover family members.)
-E-signed or signed, stamped document of the application made to the Social Security Institution to become a general health insurance holder
-Private health insurance: The policy must have the expression of "This policy covers the minimum coverage stipulated in the circular no 9, dated 06.06.2014, on private health insurance required to be taken out for residence permit applications.". Please present a signed and stamped copy of your insurance policy during the application! For extension applications, attach only approved (sealed, signed) copy of your policy into your application file.
- Student certificate which shows that you are entitled actively to benefit from the rights of being a student (e-signed/signed and stamped/sealed document)